The Golden Raven International Arctic Film Festival
is held in the administrative center of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, Anadyr. The dates of the festival are agreed annually.The Third Golden Raven International Arctic Film Festival will take place from May 20 to May 26, 2019.
The main goals of the festival are:
- To promote Russian and foreign films on Arctic themes;
- To establish a single cultural space, including the Russian Northern regions and the countries of the Arctic: the USA, Canada, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.
The Festival is organized by the Union of Cinematographers of the Russian Federation; the Youth Initiatives Production Center; the Department of Education, Culture and Sport of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug; and Okrokinovideoprokat, an autonomous institution (Polarny movie theater, Anadyr);
The number of films participating
may vary, but limits are as follows:The international, feature-length, live-action film category
shall include no more than 10 films;The international, feature-length documentary film category
shall include no more than 10 films;The joint category for international short documentaries and live-action films
shall include no more than 25 films;
The "Kinovzlyot!" short film category
shall include no more than 10 films.
The Golden Raven Festival is distinguished by the fact that the winners in the main category are chosen not by a jury of experts, but by the viewers, who take part in preferential voting.The Golden Raven Festival's expert jury
includes professional filmmakers from Russia and abroad, and it chooses the winners in the other categories.
Films taking part in the competition compete for for the main awards of the festival, created by local bone carving craftsmen using walrus tusk.
The following awards in five categories are given based on the results of the competition:
- «The Big Golden Raven» - the grand prize of the Festival for the best film in the feature-length live-action and documentary categories, on the basis of the viewers' preferential voting;
- «The Golden Raven» - the Festival's award for the best film in the feature-length, live-action film category, on the basis of the decision of a jury of experts;
- «The Golden Raven» - the Festival's award for the best film in the feature-length documentary category, on the basis of the decision of a jury of experts;
- A special certificate from the jury of the Festival for the best film in the joint category for short live-action films and documentaries;
- A special certificate from the jury of the Festival for the best film in the "Kinovzlyot!" category, based on the decision of a jury of experts.
During the Golden Raven Festival, a creative film lab entitled "Chukotka, I Love You!" will take place. In the film lab, creative young people will be able to create movies about their beloved homeland under the guidance of film industry professionals.
Submissions for the Festival open, and the selection committee begins its work, on December 10, 2018.
Submission forms for the competitive program of the Festival, as well as all the necessary materials related to the film, must be submitted within the period from December 10, 2018 to March 31, 2019
via a web form for this purpose on the Festival's official website,http://goldenravenfilmfest.ru/
The Festivals' official email address is email@example.com
Submissions for the competitive programs of the Festival will be accepted until 11:59 P.M. Moscow Time on March 31, 2019.
The Selection Committee of the Festival will make its final decisions no later than April 10, 2019
.The Festival's Program Director and Artistic Director is Philipp Abryutin.
The Festival's Producer is Oksana Lakhno.