REGULATIONS THE IV INTERNATIONAL ARCTIC FILM FESTIVAL "GOLDEN RAVEN"1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1 International Arctic Film Festival "Golden Raven" (hereafter referred to as "Festival") is being held annually on the territory of the Chukotka Autonomous Region and is the professional competitive screening of cinematic works from around the world.
1.2. The Festival is being held by the Department of Creative Projects Development of Russian Filmmakers' Union, by the Youth Initiative Production Center, by the Committee for Culture, Sport and Tourism of the Chukotka Autonomous Region, by the Center for development and support of cultural projects "Golden Raven" and is supported by the Government of the Chukotka Autonomous Region. 2. ORGANIZATION OF THE FESTIVAL
2.1. The main events of the Festival will take place in Anadyr, the Chukotka Autonomous Region in March 10-16, 2020.
2.2. The screenings of the films which participate at the competition and out-of-competition programs of the Festival will take place in different settlements of the Chukotka Autonomous Region as well.
2.3. The opening (March 10, 2020) and the closing (March 16, 2020) ceremonies of the Festival will take place in the large hall of the "Polyarny" cinema (Anadyr). 3. ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
3.1. The Organizing Committee of the Festival includes:
• Sysoev A.V. (Chairman) - Chairman of the Committee for Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Chukotka Autonomous Region;
• Sadovskaya M.D. (Vice-chairman) - Head of the Culture Department of the Committee for Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Chukotka Autonomous Region;
• Abryutin F.M. (Artistic Director) – filmmaker, producer, Secretary of the All-Russian Public Organization "Russian Filmmakers' Union", co-chair of the Youth Center of the All-Russian Public Organization "Russian Filmmakers' Union";
• Lakhno O.V. (Producer) – producer, member of the All-Russian Public Organization "Russian Filmmakers' Union";
• Solomonov A. A. (Program Director) – journalist, director and producer of documentary, television films;
• Podgorbunsky N.V. (Secretary) - Head of the resource center for culture support of the State Budget Institution of the Chukotka Autonomous Region "Museum Center "Heritage of Chukotka";
• Apletina I.A. - Head of the Autonomous institution of the Chukotka Autonomous Region for Cinema Distribution and Cinema Services for the Population "Okrkinovideoprokat";
• Gutova M.A.- Director of the municipal autonomous organization of culture "House of folk art of the Anadyr City District"
• Makhaeva L.V. - Head of State Autonomous Professional Educational Institution of the Chukotka Autonomous Region "Chukotka's Multidisciplinary College";
• Rastorgueva O.B. - Head of the State Budget Institution of the Chukotka Autonomous Region "Museum Center "Heritage of Chukotka". 4. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
4.1. The festival sets its goals and objectives as following:
- search and promotion of the best modern films related to the Arctic and reflecting various aspects of life in this region;
- the development of cultural exchange and professional cooperation between filmmakers working in the Arctic region;
- promotion of the Chukotka Autonomous Region as an attractive and comfortable region for making films;
- search and support for young talented filmmakers making films in the Arctic region;
- promoting the integration of Russian cinema into the global cinema process;
- creating and development of a comfortable urban environment for residents of the Chukotka Autonomous Region;
- contribution to the appearance and development of cinematographic education and film industry in the Chukotka Autonomous Region. 5. COMPETITION PROGRAM
5.1. The Festival is composed of the following competition sections:
- international competitive selection of full-length feature films
- international competitive selection of full-length documentary films
- international competitive selection of short feature films
- international competitive selection of short documentary films
- regional competitive selection "FilmRising!" 6. FILMS SUBMITION REQUIREMENTS
6.1 Copyright holders of the films submitted for the Festival's programs (each film can be submitted only for one section) may take part in the Festival.
6.2 International competitive selections of full-length feature and documentary films are reserved for:
- films over 60 minutes;
- films produced after January 1, 2018;
- films dedicated to the Arctic or northern themes and reflecting the life of the population, primarily indigenous, of northern regions of the world.
6.3 International competitive selections of short feature and documentary films are reserved for:
- films less than 45 minutes;
- films produced after January 1, 2019;
- films of any themes and genres.
6.4. Regional competitive selection "FilmRising!" is reserved for:
- short feature and documentary films less than 15 minutes;
- films produced after January 1, 2018 on the territory of the Chukotka Autonomous Region and that have never before taken part in this section of the Festival.
6.5. Out-of-competition screenings of feature and documentary films are open for submission of the films of any themes and dates of production. 7. JURIES
7.1. To award the prizes of competitive programs the special international juries for feature sections and for documentary sections will be set up.
7.2. Russian and foreign filmmakers, festival managers, representatives of different artistic jobs and public figures can be invited as jury members.
7.3. The number of jury members of each section may vary, but is limited from three to seven people. 8. OFFICIAL PRIZES
8.1. The following prizes are awarded according to the results of the Festival:
- "The Big Golden Raven" – Grand-Prix of the Festival to the best film of full-length feature or documentary competitions according to the results of people's choice and RUB 250 000 to the producer;
- "The Golden Raven" – for the best full-length feature film and RUB 100 000 according to the decision of the expert jury to the representative of the film who will be chosen by the jury (it can be either the producer, or the director, or the scriptwriter, or the actor, or the composer, or the cinematographer);
- "The Golden Raven" – for the best full-length documentary film and RUB 100 000 according to the decision of the expert jury to the representative of the film who will be chosen by the jury (it can be either the producer, or the director, or the scriptwriter, or the actor, or the composer, or the cinematographer);
- "The Small Golden Raven" – for the best short feature film and RUB 50 000 according to the results of people's rating choice to the director of the film;
- "The Small Golden Raven" – for the best short documentary film and RUB 50 000 according to the results of people's rating choice to the director of the film
- Special Prize of the regional competitive selection "FilmRising!" and RUB 30 000 according to the decision of the expert jury to the director of the film.
8.2. All prizes of the Festival are unique and are created by a bone-cutter artist from traditional materials: walrus fang and moose horn. 9. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
9.1. Submissions to the Festival will be accepted from October 10, 2019 to December 25, 2019.
9.2. Submissions are entered online at the Festival's official web site www.goldenravenfilmfest.ru
and it is obligatory to send all the materials needed for Selection committee via one of online-platforms including Filmfreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/GoldenRavenInternationalAr...
), Сlickforfestivals (https://www.clickforfestivals.com/the-golden-raven...
), Festhome (https://festivals.festhome.com/en/festival/golden-...
9.3. The submission to the competitive sections is paid. Entry fee for submission depends on deadline (all fees are tax-inclusive):
Full-length feature and documentary films:
- early deadline (before November 1, 2019) – RUB 1000
- regular deadline (before December 1, 2019) – RUB 1500
- late deadline (before December 25, 2019) – RUB 2000
Short feature and documentary films:
- early deadline (before November 1, 2019) – RUB 500
- regular deadline (before December 1, 2019) – RUB 750
- late deadline (before December 25, 2019) – RUB 1000
9.4. The submission to the regional competitive selection "FilmRising!" is free.
9.5. The final decision about including the film in the program of the Festival is taken by the Selection Committee that reserves the right not to provide any personal feedback and not to comment the reasons of the rejections to submissions.
9.6. The list of the participants of competitive and out-of-competitive sections is created by the Selection Committee and released at the official web site of the Festival http://goldenravenfilmfest.ru/
no later that on January 10, 2020. 10. ENTRY CONDITIONS
10.1. The participation in the Festival implies the signing of License agreement by the right holders of the film about the screening of the film during the Festival's events and providing of a signed copy to the Festival no later than on January 20, 2020.
10.2. Each film selected to the Festival must be accompanied no later than by January 20, 2020 by the following materials:
- the dialogue list in English (for foreign films) or Russian language;
- the copy of the film for creating subtitling;
- biography and photo of the director;
- stills from the film;
- poster of A1 format;
- trailer or teaser of the film;
- other press, advertising and promotional materials if available.
10.3. For the participation in the Festival the right holder of the film must supply to the Festival a copy of the film no later than on February 1, 2020. The accepted screening format is DCP. The film should be provided in its original language subtitled in Russian or in English if the original language is neither Russian nor English.
10.4. The participation of the film in the competitive sections implies the personally presence of the director or of a leading member of the cast of the film at the Festival. In case the director and/or the leading member of the cast have no opportunity to attend the Festival, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to keep the film in the competition program in case it will be represented by the leading member of the film crew.
10.5 The Festival has the right to use all visual materials related to the selected films including excerpts from the films (no longer than 3 minutes each) in order to promote the Festival and Festival's events and to inform the auditory. 11. HOSPITALITY TERMS AND TRANSPORTATION OF SCREENING COPIES
11.1. The Festival provides official invitation letter for the representatives of the films participating in competitive sections in order to apply for visa and/or to arrange a business trip to the Festival.
11.2. The Festival covers the tickets from Moscow to Anadyr and from Anadyr to Moscow for one representative from each film included in competition full-length films section.
11.3. The Festival covers hotel accommodation and meals at Anadyr for one representative from each film included in competition full-length films section.
11.4. The participant is liable for the other costs not mentioned in the clauses 11.1., 11.2, 11.3 of these Regulations including application fee for the Russian visa.
11.5. The Festival does not cover the costs of the visit of the participants of the competitive selections of short films to the Festival.
11.6. The Festival covers the costs of transport agents (for both outward and return shipment), transportation, storage and insurance expenses of the prints with the screening copies of the selected films.
11.7. In case of loss or damage of the print, the responsibility of the Festival occurs only within the cost of this electronic media specified by the producer in the technical certificate for the film. 12. FINAL PROVISIONS
12.1. The Artistic Director has the power to settle all the cases and issues not covered by these Regulations.
12.2. In case of objective reasons these Regulations may be amended and supplemented on the initiative of the Organizing Committee of the Festival, the Artistic Director of the Festival or the Committee for Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Chukotka Autonomous Region. Changes and additions to the articles of the Regulation are subject to mandatory agreement. The term for approval of amendments and additions shall not exceed three working days from the moment of documentary (written) initiation.
12.3. Participation in the Festival presumes agreement to all articles of the present Regulations and compliance with them.
12.4. Contact information of the Organizing Committee:
Youth Initiative Producer Center LLC
123056 Russian Federation, Moscow,
Vassilievskaya str., 13, building 1, office 9